2019 PHOTO COMPETITION RULES
2019 is a special year for the Cornwall AONB, as we celebrate our 60th Anniversary (1959 – 2019) and we would like you to share your amazing photographs with us by entering our Photo Competition.
The theme for the 2019 Cornwall AONB photography competition is;
'A Diamond Landscape – Every picture tells a story'
We are looking for photographs that capture the very essence of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, its people and its wonderful landscape.
The deadline for entries is midnight on Monday 16 September 2019.
Winners will be notified by end of September 2019, and the winning images will be published in the November edition of Cornwall Life magazine and used to showcase the people and places that make up the Duchy’s stunning landscape in future AONB publications and digital media as well as within future Management Plans produced by the Cornwall AONB.
Prizes will be awarded for the first, second and third place winners of the competition.
As well as our photo competition, we are also keen to receive any archive images you may have of the Cornwall AONB captured over the last 60 years. These images will not be judged, but used to create a ‘60 years of the Cornwall AONB’ exhibition at our Diamond Landscape Annual Conference on 23rd November 2019. It would be appreciated if you could forward the photos in a digital format for us to retain on file.
How to enter the 2019 Photo Competition:
Photographs must be of locations within the Cornwall AONB - see map of the AONB areas
You may submit up to 3 photos per person
Photographs can be full colour or black and white and must be hi-res jpeg (.jpg format)
Send your images by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of midnight on Monday 16 September 2019
Include your name and address (your e-mail address will be used to confirm your entry and to contact you if you win. It will not be used for any other purpose or passed on to any third party.)
Include a caption for each photo stating where it was taken and how it relates to the theme
Tell us where you found out about the competition, e.g. Cornwall Life magazine, the Cornwall AONB website, newspaper, poster or word of mouth etc.,
Include your date of birth if 18 or under
By entering you agree to the conditions set out in the competition rules
You may enter up to 3 photographs
The photos must be taken in, from, or include, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
All photographs must be your own work, and you must legally hold the copyright to them. To prevent our email system from rejecting your entry, the email size may be no larger than 10 Megabytes. If it is larger than this then please send images separately or send your entry on a disc to our address (see website: www.cornwall-aonb.gov.uk).
To be eligible for the shortlist, your photograph must be taken with a sufficiently high-resolution camera (we recommend at least eight million pixels). Your image must be printable able at 300dpi at A4 size (210 x 297mm). Please save your picture as jpg format at the highest quality setting.
For those entrants under the age of 16, a parent or guardian will need to sign a written consent form.
At our discretion, all suitable entries received will be displayed on the website, along with their caption, and the photographers name.
We will make no claims on your copyright.
You give your permission for the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Trust and Cornwall Life magazine to publish your photos on our websites and through digital media and to use without charge to promote the competition and the AONB in publicity material such as displays, leaflets, magazine and newspaper articles (produced by third parties) cards, calendars and other forms of publicity at our discretion. If your photo is used in this way you will be credited as the photographer.
9. If the people in your photo are recognisable, you must obtain their permission for the pictures to be entered into the competition and used for promotional purposes.
10. To accompany your photos please sign and return the Declaration Form which can be downloaded as PDF or Word Document to confirm sole authorship of the photo and confirms you have read and understood the competition rules
11. Please confirm that all necessary permissions have been obtained from any individuals who feature in the photographs you have entered
12. You agree to give Cornwall AONB and Cornwall AONB Trust a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, ten year license to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly display by any means and in any media and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute such derivative works of your photo
13. You declare that if your photo has been digitally manipulated you will supply details of the processing method. Digitally-manipulated photos are eligible but the judging panel will want to take your process into consideration when choosing winning photos
Judges will be members of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Partnership, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Trust or from Cornwall Life magazine and their decisions are final.