Hundreds of you will take photos of beautiful Cornwall and this year, the Cornwall AONB wants to see them. The theme for the 2017 Cornwall AONB photography competition is 'Place and People'
We are looking for photographs that capture the very essence of the Cornwall area of outstanding natural beauty, its people and its wonderful landscape.
The deadline for entries is 12 january 2018 and all winners will be announced in the march 2018 edition of Cornwall life magazine.
The winning images will be published in Cornwall life magazine and used to showcase the places and people that make up the region’s stunning landscape in future AONB publications and on the website.
The Top prize is The Landscape Photographer of the year- 10th anniversary edition book
Second Prize is free entry for two at trebah gardens and a complimentary cream tea
First, second and third winners will RECEIVE a years subscription to cornwall life
How to enter:
- Photographs must be of locations within the Cornwall AONB - see map of the AONB areas
- You may submit up to 3 photos per person
- Photographs can be full colour or black and white and must be hi-res jpegs (.jpg format)
- Send your images by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 12 January 2018
- Include your name and address (your e-mail address will be used to confirm your entry and to contact you if you win. It will not be used for any other purpose or passed onto any third party.)
- Include a caption for each photo stating where it was taken and how it relates to the theme
- Tell us where you found out about the competition, e.g. Cornwall Life magazine, the Cornwall AONB website, newspaper, poster or word of mouth etc
- Include your date of birth if age 16 or under
- By entering you agree to the conditions set out in the competition rules
- You may enter up to 3 photographs
- The photos must be taken in, from, or include, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - see map of the AONB areas
- All photographs must be your own work, and you must legally hold the copyright to them. To prevent our email system from rejecting your entry, the email size may be no larger than 10 Megabytes. If it is larger than this then please send images separately or send your entry on a disc to our office address
- To be eligible for the shortlist, your photograph must be taken with a high-resolution camera (we recommend at least eight million pixels). Your image must be printable at 300dpi at A4 size (210 x 297mm). Please save your picture as jpg format at the highest quality setting which will create a file size of approximately 3.5 megabytes per picture.
- For those entrants under the age of 16, a parent or guardian will be required to sign the declaration below, on your behalf.
- At our discretion, all suitable entries received will be displayed on the website, along with their caption, and the photographers name.
- You will make no claims on your copyright.
- You give your full permission for the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Trust and Cornwall Life magazine to publish your photos on our websites and to use without charge to promote the competition and the AONB in publicity material such as displays, leaflets, magazine and newspaper articles (produced by third parties) cards, calendars and other forms of publicity at our discretion. If your photo is used in this way you will be credited as the photographer.
- If the people in your photo are recognisable, you must obtain their permission for the pictures to be entered into the competition and used for promotional purposes.
- All entries must be received by midnight on the 12 January 2018.
- Judges will be members of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Partnership, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Trust or from Cornwall Life magazine and their decisions will be final.
- To accompany your entry, please read the following conditions and sign and return the declaration below or download a copy of the declaration here and send in with you entries;
• I confirm that I have sole authorship and control of the photograph(s)
• I confirm that all necessary permissions have been obtained from any individuals who feature in the photographs entered
• I agree to give Cornwall AONB and Cornwall AONB Trust a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, ten year license to;
Use, copy, profit (all proceeds to be donated to the Cornwall AONB Trust), modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly display by any means and in any media and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute such derivative works of your photo
• I declare that if any photo submitted is digitally manipulated, I will supply the processing method. Digitally-manipulated photos are eligible but the judging panel will want to take your process into consideration when choosing winning photos
Signed ............................................................................................................................................... (Full name and signature)