The Photo Competition is now closed. Thanks for your interest!
Hundreds of you take photos of beautiful Cornwall and this year, the Cornwall AONB wants to see them. The 2015 Cornwall AONB photography competition has four different categories:
1. Landscape and Heritage
2. Health and Recreation
3. Sustainable Economy
4. Vibrant Communities
The deadline for entries is 31 January 2016 and all winners will be announced in spring 2016 in Cornwall Today.
The winning images will be published in Cornwall Today magazine and used to showcase the region’s stunning landscape in future AONB publications over the next year and within the new Management Plan for the protected landscape that we are reviewing this year
Prizes to be confirmed….
How to enter:
- Photographs must be of locations within the Cornwall AONB - see map of the AONB areas
- You may submit up to 4 photos per person (but they do not have to be 1 photo for each category)
- Photographs can be full colour or black and white and must be hi-res jpegs (.jpg format)
- Send your images by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 31 January 2016
- Include your name and address (your e-mail address will be used to confirm your entry and to contact you if you win. It will not be used for any other purpose or passed onto any third party.)
- Include a caption for each photo stating where it was taken and how it relates to the theme
- Tell us where you found out about the competition, e.g. Cornwall Today magazine, the Royal Cornwall Show, the Cornwall AONB website, newspaper, poster or word of mouth etc
- Include your date of birth if 18 or under
- By entering you agree to the conditions set out in the competition rules
- You may enter up to 4 photographs
- The photos must be taken in, from, or include, the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- All photographs must be your own work, and you must legally hold the copyright to them. To prevent our email system from rejecting your entry, the email size may be no larger than 10 Megabytes. If it is larger than this then please send images separately or send your entry on a disc to our address (see website: www.cornwall-aonb.gov.uk).
- To be eligible for the shortlist, your photograph must be taken with a sufficiently high-resolution camera (we recommend at least eight million pixels). Your image must be printable able at 300dpi at A4 size (210 x 297mm). Please save your picture as jpg format at the highest quality setting which will create a file size of approximately 3.5 megabytes per picture.
- Please note that artificially up-sampled pictures are not acceptable.
- For those entrants under the age of 16, a parent or guardian will need to sign a written consent form.
- At our discretion, all suitable entries received will be displayed on the website, along with their caption, and the photographers name and town.
- We will make no claims on your copyright.
- You give your permission for the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Cornwall Today magazine to publish your photos on our websites and to use without charge to promote the competition and the AONB in publicity material such as displays, leaflets, magazine and newspaper articles (produced by third parties) cards, calendars and other forms of publicity at our discretion. If your photo is used in this way you will be credited as the photographer.
- If the people in your photo are recognisable, you must obtain their permission for the pictures to be entered into the competition and used for promotional purposes.
- All entries must be received by midnight on the 31 January 2016.
- Judges will be members of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Partnership or from Cornwall Today magazine and their decisions are final.
- If your entry is shortlisted, we will contact you and ask you to:
• supply a high resolution version of your photo (if necessary). If you can not produce this, you cannot be included in the shortlist
• sign a written agreement that warrants sole authorship of the photo and confirms you have read and understood the competition rules
• confirm that all necessary permissions have been obtained from any individuals who feature in the photographs you have entered (see below)
• agree to give Cornwall AONB a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, ten year license to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly display by any means and in any media and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute such derivative works of your photo
• declare if your photo has been digitally manipulated and if so, supply details of the processing method. Digitally-manipulated photos are eligible but the judging panel will want to take your process into consideration when choosing winning photos