Could you be Cornwall's creme de la creme in sustainable land management?
The Cornwall Sustainability Awards (CSA) ceremony 2016 will be held on the evening of Friday 2nd December in a glittering event at Truro School. CSA aims to encourage, reward and gain recognition for the excellent work businesses are doing to improve their own sustainability and that of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly as a whole.
This year the Cornwall AONB Partnership are sponsoring the event, in particular the category which represents the theme of 2016 - 'Best Contribution to Sustainable Land Management'. We're looking for that flagship farm or land holding, anywhere in Cornwall that can be held up as a shining example of sustainability, whether that is doing great things for wildlife, limiting the use of chemicals, managing water run off or supplying local food markets, maybe its a lot of all of those! Do you have what it takes?
CSA IS FREE TO ENTER AND THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 17TH OCTOBER SO BE QUICK! TO REGISTER TO APPLY AND FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CSA PLEASE VISIT; WWW.CORNWALLSUSTAINABILITYAWARDS.ORG
The categories for 2016 are as follows:
- Best Managed Business: Small, Medium and Large
- Best contribution towards creating a sustainable food economy, from nature to plate (branding, campaign, product, service, individual or company).
- Best contribution towards the creation of a sustainable economy (through new sources of energy, new ownership modules, ultra-efficiency methods etc).
- Best contribution to sustainability in the built environment for retrofit or new build projects (domestic, community or commercial).
- Tomorrow’s contribution to sustainability. The greatest potential contribution to our tomorrow (innovative product, service, idea, company).
- Best contribution to resource efficiency (product, service, campaign).
- Best individual contribution. Either someone who has gone over and above the call of duty within their day job, or someone who shows a lifelong achievement through a career in sustainability.
- Best contribution to sustainability by increasing resilience in the community.
- Theme of 2016: Best contribution to sustainable land management.
- Overall winner.
Even if you're not entering a category, the Awards is a glittering and fun evening and a great place to network and learn more about sustainability in your business. Why not book a ticket and come along.